Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. (“Innergex” or the “Corporation”) is a Canadian-based independent renewable power producer which develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric, wind, solar and energy storage facilities. As a global Corporation, Innergex conducts operations in Canada, the United States, France and Chile.
Innergex is committed to improving its ESG performance and to continue to grow its activities in accordance with its sustainable business model that balances People, our Planet and Prosperity.
We are a team of passionate individuals who build strong partnerships with local communities.
We believe that renewable energy is part of the solution to climate change.
We generate value for our employees, shareholders, partners and host communities.
Number of facilities
as at December 31, 2021
Gross installed capacity (MW)
as at December 31, 2021
Net installed Capacity by Operating Segment (%)
as at December 31, 2021
Facilities in operation
Gross Installed Capacity
We supplied the equivalent of 1,083,528 HOUSEHOLDS
with clean, renewable energy4
metric tonnes of CO2 offset through our production of renewable energy5
Over $3 million
IN FUNDING distributed through sponsorships, donations and voluntary contributions
Total Production of 9,853 GWh
of clean electricity1
declared IN DIVIDENDS on common shares
paid out in employee wages and benefits
with Indigenous communities
worked by employees in 2021
DISBURSED TO LONGTERM ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING PROGRAMS that study fish, wildlife, and their habitats in and around our facilities
RESPONSE RATE on our employee engagement survey
100% of employees
completed a training program that included modules on the Code of Conduct, Ethical Behaviour, and Respect and Civility
Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR)7
0.623 kg CO₂e/MWh energy produced
Greenhouse Gas Intensity
Board Average Tenure
Board Members were Women
Board and Committee Meeting Attendance
Average Age of Board of Directors
of our board members were INDEPENDENT
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. earned the 20th spot in Corporate Knight’s 2021 Best 50 Corporate Citizens list
All data from the fiscal year end as of December 31, 2021 as reported in the 2021 Annual Report unless otherwise stated. All figures in Canadian dollars.
All figures as of December 31, 2021.
1. Equivalent to Innergex’s 2021 Production Proportionate as presented in its 2021 Annual Report.
2. Gross installed capacity is the total capacity of all Operating Facilities of Innergex, including non-wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures and associates.
3. Compared with $48.6 million in 2020. Includes wages and benefits expenses capitalized to projects under construction or development, and wages and benefits expenses recharged to joint ventures and associates.
4. Based on Innergex’s 2021 Production Proportionate in each country in which we operate, divided by the local household average consumption, with data from the World Energy Council (2014).
5. Based on Innergex’s 2021 Production Proportionate of 9,853,366 MWh and calculated through https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator.
6. Excluding the President and CEO.
7. TRIR is the number of injuries (including contractors) resulting in medical aid and lost time accident per 200,000 worked hours.
We generate solutions for a cleaner future
Hydroelectricity, created by harnessing energy from running water, is produced from the natural water flow of rivers, assuring large scale and stable energy generation. It is currently the most widely-used source of renewable energy and has a very long operating life.
Wind power is an affordable and plentiful source of energy. Wind energy is an ideal alternative to fossil fuels as its generation produces no atmospheric emissions, no harmful waste, nor any other type of air or water pollution.
Solar energy is the result of the most abundant and unlimited resource there is, the sun. Harnessing this energy requires no fuel or moving parts, creates no emissions during operations, and requires low maintenance. It is one of the cleanest forms of renewable energy around.
Energy storage systems create more flexible and reliable grid systems by providing load shifting to deliver power when it is needed most, day or night. Storage technology complements existing energy generation methods to bring more stability to consumers.
2021 Sustainability Report
Please note: All monetary amounts mentioned in this microsite are in Canadian Dollars unless mentioned otherwise.
Please note: On July 9, 2021, the Corporation completed the acquisition of the remaining 50% interest in Energía Llaima SpA (“Energía Llaima”), a renewable energy company based in Chile, of which Innergex already owned 50%. All metrics in this report include our Chilean operations unless otherwise noted.