Sustainability Reporting Initiative
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Sustainable Development Goals lay out the path to a better and more sustainable future for all.
In 2015, the United Nations, together with the world’s governments, created an approach to addressing the greatest global economic, social and environmental challenges facing society with the development of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”). The goals are a blueprint for a more sustainable future. Innergex is committed to conducting its business activities in a way that contributes to the SDGs. Of the 17 goals, Innergex is currently contributing to 13 of them. Below is an outline of the targets we address within the goals. This shows how widely Innergex cares for sustainability beyond its core activity – producing renewable energy – and the level of efforts we make to maximize our positive impact on people, planet and prosperity. In our Disclosures section, you will find our reporting on specific targets within those 13 goals that apply to our business.
Goal 4 Quality Education
- Target 4.7 By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
Goal 5 Gender Equality
- Target 5.5 Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life.
Goal 6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- Target 6.3 By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally.
- Target 6.6 By 2020, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes.
Goal 7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- Target 7.2 By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global
Goal 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Target 8.2 Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high value added and labour-intensive sectors.
- Target 8.5 By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value.
- Target 8.7 Take immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including recruitment and use of child soldiers, and by 2025 end child labour in all its forms.
- Target 8.8 Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment.
Goal 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Target 9.1 Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, including regional and trans-border infrastructure, to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all.
Goal 10 Reduced Inequalities
- Target 10.3 Ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities of outcome, including by eliminating discriminatory laws, policies and practices and promoting appropriate legislation, policies and action in this regard.
- Target 10.4 Adopt policies, especially fiscal, wage and social protection policies, and progressively achieve greater equality.
Goal 12 Responsible Consumption and Production
- Target 12.4 By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their lifecycles, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
- Target 12.5 By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
Goal 13 Climate Action
- Target 13.2 Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategy and planning.
Goal 14 Life Below Water
- Target 14.3 Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation at all levels.
Goal 15 Life On Land
- Target 15.1 By 2020, ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements.
- Target 15.4 By 2030, ensure the conservation of mountain ecosystems, including their biodiversity, in order to enhance their capacity to provide benefits that are essential for sustainable development.
Goal 16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Target 16.3 Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
- Target 16.5 Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
- Target 16.6 Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
- Target 16.7 Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels.
Goal 17 Partnerships for The Goals
- Target 17.17 Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships.